Love Touched me this Morning

I saw her. Mighty in her most gentle state.  Deep red-orange hanging like a ball across the bluish gray sky.  It was the early morning sun and I was seeing it in such a picturesque way for the first time.  I wanted to put the moment on hold and simply gaze at it.  But I was in a public transport and I didn't think the rest of the passengers were as interested as I was in this unusual-phenomenon-in-the-ordinary.  I had to make do with looking at the sight as the van I was riding on was navigating the NLEX. 

It's one of those moments when I was paying attention. . . when I was present to the moment.  I took in the beauty and healing energies of the early morning sun. 

There were instances when I would see only portions of it or even nothing at all.  Trees, buildings, and billboards would block my sight.  Yet, I knew it was just there and if I was patient enough I would see it again - in full. 

I wish I always have the same faith in God's faithful love.  I wish I could always believe in the depths of my heart that when things are awfully bad God's faithful love remains and is only blocked by my own fears and insecurities.  I wish I will always be aware that sometimes I myself create the blocks, that come in the face of work,unnecesary commitments and other distractions, which blind me from the beauty of God's faithful love. 

And doesn't this apply as well to the way I sometimes perceive the love of those who really care about me? 



Comments

Popular Posts